Re: [K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

On 04/28/2009 08:54 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
David Hopkins wrote:

Does tuxmath normally use that insane amount of bandwidth? 70Mb/sec is
comparable to 320x240 30fps Youtube video. Absolutely nothing other than
video in my experience using anything near that amount of bandwidth.

In my experience, it has always been a huge bandwidth hog.

Yes, I think it just redraws the X frames as fast as it can to do the
animation.

I recall tuxmath several years ago, tuxmath did not draw frames this rapidly. This sounds like a new bug.

Even with tuxmath causing terrible bandwidth issues, this shouldn't be causing problems like you are describing. Our test of 10 clients with several users using Youtube on a gigabit switch wasn't this bad. There sounds to be something else going on like bad switches.

Did you also test the cabling with an ethernet tester?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
Also, could someone please follow this procedure to become a package maintainer and add tuxmath to Fedora?

Warren