[K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:16:22 UTC 2009

David Hopkins wrote:
>> Didn't this start as a comparison with a better-working version of k12ltsp
>> (except for sound)?  While this sounds like a switch issue, if that same
>> hardware worked better with different software revs, maybe you should focus
>> on the specific differences.  What about the client side of the network
>> connections?  Any errors showing on ifconfig or the switch ports there?
>>

> The clients aren't showing any errors at all (for LTSP5, not sure how
> to check at LTSP4.2 except to monitor what the switch is saying and
> the switch shows no errors. I've tried two different switches at this
> point though both are Amer.com.  I've also swapped cables (which are
> rated at Cat5e).  The difference in the systems is CentOS5.2+LTSP4.2
> vs FC10+LTSP5.

With k12ltsp you should be able to enable ssh on the clients so you
could connect and run ifconfig.   Did you measure the server NIC
throughput under CentOS5.2+LTSP4.2 to see if there is a large
difference?  I think you mentioned the switch having flow control
enabled.  Can you turn it off?
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30212&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=54

--
   Les Mikesell