Re: [K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

David Hopkins wrote:
Didn't this start as a comparison with a better-working version of k12ltsp
(except for sound)?  While this sounds like a switch issue, if that same
hardware worked better with different software revs, maybe you should focus
on the specific differences.  What about the client side of the network
connections?  Any errors showing on ifconfig or the switch ports there?

The clients aren't showing any errors at all (for LTSP5, not sure how
to check at LTSP4.2 except to monitor what the switch is saying and
the switch shows no errors. I've tried two different switches at this
point though both are Amer.com.  I've also swapped cables (which are
rated at Cat5e).  The difference in the systems is CentOS5.2+LTSP4.2
vs FC10+LTSP5.

With k12ltsp you should be able to enable ssh on the clients so you could connect and run ifconfig. Did you measure the server NIC throughput under CentOS5.2+LTSP4.2 to see if there is a large difference? I think you mentioned the switch having flow control enabled. Can you turn it off? http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30212&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=54

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com