[K12OSN] K12Linux and NTFS

André BEGOC begocan at ensieta.fr
Sun Aug 2 20:09:07 UTC 2009

Hi Barry,
It's OK with ntfs-3g. My K12LTSP is a virtual server on VirtualBox with
MAC OS.
I have changed may version of VirtualBox (2.2-> 3.0.2) and i have
installed guests outils.
Now all is OK.
Thank you very much
André
André Bégoc
Service Informatique
ENSIETA (www.ensieta.fr)
29806 - Brest Cedex 09
begocan at ensieta.fr
Tél : 02 98 34 88 83

Barry Cisna <cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us>
Envoyé par : k12osn-bounces at redhat.com
30/07/2009 15:29
Veuillez répondre à
"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>

cc

Objet
Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux and NTFS

Andre,

When you say external disks,I assume these are connected via usb cable?
If so, are the connected EX disks being recognized at bios level of the
server? If they are showing up in the mobo bios,you should be able to
put an entry in your /etc/fstab file as such:

 /dev/sda1 /mnt/windows ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/windows ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

Reboot server and you should be seeing these  two drives connected.
*Note*: this is using the ntfs-3g module

Let us know your progress.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna