[K12OSN] Switching to KDE

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Aug 19 16:46:41 UTC 2009

Jeff Siddall wrote:
> Mel Wade wrote:
>
>> I'm using K12Linux Fedora 10 and want to switch to KDE.
>>
>> I installed KDE and did a desktopswitch but nothing changed.  Logged
>> out.  Reboot.  Nothing changed.
>>
>> Any tips?
>>
>> Mel Wade
>>

> Did you run:
>
> switchdesk KDE
>
> as the user you wanted to switch?  That worked for me.
>
> You could also try adding:
>
> DESKTOP=KDE
>
> to /etc/sysconfig/desktop on the server, though that would change the
> default for everyone.  Not a bad thing IMO.
>
> Jeff

The /etc/sysconfig/desktop setting is what I try first, of course.  But
I've discovered that for whatever reason, that doesn't always work.  So,
I just head into /etc/X11/prefdm and change the order of GDM, KDM, and
XDM to put KDM first.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate