Re: [K12OSN] Switching to KDE

Jeff Siddall wrote:
Mel Wade wrote:

I'm using K12Linux Fedora 10 and want to switch to KDE.

I installed KDE and did a desktopswitch but nothing changed.  Logged
out.  Reboot.  Nothing changed.

Any tips?

Mel Wade

Did you run:

switchdesk KDE

as the user you wanted to switch?  That worked for me.

You could also try adding:

DESKTOP=KDE

to /etc/sysconfig/desktop on the server, though that would change the
default for everyone.  Not a bad thing IMO.

Jeff

The /etc/sysconfig/desktop setting is what I try first, of course.  But I've discovered that for whatever reason, that doesn't always work.  So, I just head into /etc/X11/prefdm and change the order of GDM, KDM, and XDM to put KDM first.

--TP
Do you GNU?