[K12OSN] School K12Linux clients not able to complete boot after 50+ or so clients are up

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:07:49 UTC 2009

2009/8/21 Daniel Howard <dhhoward at comcast.net>:
> Steven James Drinnan wrote:
>
> It finishes the line "Eth0 link up, 100 Mbps, full duplex, etc." and the
> next line says:
>
> Negotiation: Error: Server Connection Closed
>
> Could that be where it's negotiating swap, and we've run out of swap space
> after 50 clients?
>
> I tried powering off a client on the same server that had booted OK and
> seeing if the next one booted OK, but no luck, and further, the client that
> was OK that I powered off wouldn't finish booting now.

Sorry if you have been through this but I just saw this thread now.

What is the max number of connections set in gdm.conf?

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations
whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue. Snip out what is not
relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.