[K12OSN] School K12Linux clients not able to complete boot after 50+ or so clients are up

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 16:48:59 UTC 2009

dhhoward at comcast.net wrote:
>  >Sorry if you have been through this but I just saw this thread now.
>
>  >What is the max number of connections set in gdm.conf?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sudev Barar
>
> OK we looked at the gdm file and it said the number of connections was
> limited to 16, which doesn't make sense since we could get about 50
> clients up and running.  Nonetheless, we'll increase that and see if it
> helps.
>
> Any response to the possibility of swap being the culprit?  Daniel

'Negotiation Error:' is one of the possible messages from the nbd client
so I think you are on the right track.  Are any there any messages
logged server-side to show if you've run out of resources (maybe in
/var/log/messages)?  Does a 'df' show a partition out of space when you
get to this point?  Maybe there is a process number limit for the user
running on the server side.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com