Re: [K12OSN] Static IP

Edit your /etc/resolv.conf file and pop your DNS server(s) in there.  Also make sure that /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 doesn't have "DHCP" in it (should read "STATIC").

--TP
Do you GNU?

Mel Wade wrote:
I don't see anything in the wiki with instructions on how to have the main network side (not the thin client side) of the LTSP server have a static IP address.  I tried creating eth1 and giving it a static IP.  That worked, but I couldn't get the DNS server setting to stick.

Mel Wade
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." - Lilly Tomlin
http://www.melwade.com