[K12OSN] Local apps enable ltsp5?

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:41:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Nathan Shaffer <nathan at grandvache.com> wrote:
> We currently have a test server set up with F10-LTSP and was trying to find
> some info on enabling local apps for Firefox, OOffice & a few other programs
> (like tuxtype & tuxpaint). The wiki doesn't seem to have any entries on this
> subject and I just come up with fragments searching the list.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to implementing
> this?

Install new software in chroot
  chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
  mount /proc
  yum install firefox
  umount /proc
  exit

launch app as a local app
   /usr/bin/ltsp-localapps /usr/bin/firefox

If network apps don't work then you may need to setup nat in your
firewall on your external nic

You can also set this up with the gui program system-config-firewall
--
Robert Arkiletian