[K12OSN] Very frustrating!

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Feb 3 16:09:10 UTC 2009

There's nothing wrong with those "old" thin clients.  I use LTSP 4.x as
well with K12LTSP 5.0EL., and it works great for me.  And yep, one of my
clients is a Pentium-MMX 166 with an S3 Trio64+ video card.

As for that printer, sure, I can believe it stopped working.  This "hang
the printer off the thin client" bit is a hack.  Seriously, just pick up
a cheapie print server for that printer, have the K12LTSP server itself
talk to it (via the network), and be done with it.  You're spending way
too much time on this.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate