[K12OSN] Thin client + CDROM device

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Feb 8 13:24:41 UTC 2009

Richard,

Here is a link on how to do cd-rom on TC's, to do cd-rom burning. I
tried this many moons ago and it does work, but not very 'transparent'
by a long shot. I think you are merely wanting to be able to run the
cd-rom drive as a local device though? It seems it shouldn't be that
difficult but I have never been able to make this happen myself. I bet
someone here lots smarter than me maybe has some ideas on this.
I am not sure what the status is on this matter in regards to ltsp 5.0?

 http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LocalCDWriting

Take Care,
Barry Cisna