[K12OSN] Network boot hangs

Peter Trifonov petert at dcn.infos.ru
Mon Feb 9 16:07:53 UTC 2009

Rob, thanks a lot for the suggestion. I have tried gPXE, but with the same
result.
The problem arises AFTER Linux kernel is downloaded from the server and
started.
The kernel says:

Creating new ramdisk to hold our new rootfs
Mounting root filesystem: ... from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [Some NFS traffic is
observed at the server at this moment]
Setting up the new root ramdisk area
Doing the switchroot
SwitchRoot v0.1 - Copyright 2005 Linux based systems design
Freeing ram used by initramfs

After this the system stops doing anything.

With best regards,
P. Trifonov