[K12OSN] Authenticating existing users with K12Linux

Steve Towson steve.towson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 22:36:56 UTC 2009

Actually SME Server doesn't use LDAP for authentication by default, although
you can turn it on - search the wiki for LDAP.  The hard part is getting the
home folder automounted.

There's a wiki entry for authing Fed 7 against SME in the SME wiki (search
for Fedora), but it uses Winbind rather than LDAP (and winbind is much
trickier).   The stuff on mounting home folders is useful, however.

Let us know how you get on.

Steve