[K12OSN] OT: any OpenOffice vs. MS Office studies/cases out there?

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Sat Feb 21 23:04:11 UTC 2009

Quick anecdote:

I introduced OpenOffice to a company I used to work for.  Both the R&D Engineer and the VP of Manfacturing claimed they could not "figure it out".  The machinists all used it with no problems.

Same story with Linux in general.  Office staff did not want to even try it.  I put it in the cafeteria for the assembly workers to use during break, gave them no instruction, and they used it just fine (they never asked me for help -- not once).

-Rob