[K12OSN] Where is K12LTSP at?

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:32:13 UTC 2009

Warren,

> https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/LiveServer
> Tried this?  K12Linux Live Server media will allow you to try K12Linux in
> demo mode with your existing network of thin clients, without risking the
> hard drive of your server.

Thanks for the reminder about that option.  Maybe this is the 'kick' I
need to just go and try it.

>> However,  the only real driving reason for me to upgrade is to
>> finally, once-and-for-all, get sound working properly with support for
>> local microphones as well.  That is the driving issue for me (and if
>
> Last I heard none of the distributions of LTSP5 have microphones working.
>  This might be mainly an issue of nobody working on it yet though.

Supposedly pulse-audio might work.  When I was playing with, it at
least claimed that it recognized the mic on the thin clients.  I
couldn't get any apps to work with the mic though.

Again, thanks!

Dave Hopkins