[K12OSN] Correct way to run thin-client script in LTSP 5?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:01:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I was familiar with how to have a client run a script during its
bootup process with the older LTSP version, but I am sort of lost with
LTSP 5 running on Fedora 10.

lts.conf says:
###############
# A workstation that executes a specific
# command after login
###############
[00:11:25:93:CF:02]
    LDM_REMOTECMD=/usr/bin/myloginscript

I guess I am confused because I've learned recently that the locations
for files in ltsp 5 are very different than ltsp 4.x, and there are
several different usr/bin directories lying around!  Is this the main
root /usr/bin and if so -- how is it accessible from the client shell?
I thought they have their own directory system that is a sub-directory
of the main root tree?

Thank you.
Joseph