Re: [K12OSN] Very frustrating!

2009/2/1 Joseph Bishay <joseph bishay gmail com>:
[SNIP]
> next onto the desk, etc.  If I was to look into a new network printer
> the quick question is  -- can you put a network printer on the same
> switch as the thin client network?  If I need to follow this up with
> more questions I'll probably start a new thread.

Yes. Simply plug it in and use cups to declare it as a jet direct
printer. Although I have no figures but I believe that a much larger
percentage network printers work under linux.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.