Re: [K12OSN] Very frustrating!

Sudev Barar wrote:
2009/2/1 Joseph Bishay <joseph bishay gmail com>:
[SNIP]

next onto the desk, etc.  If I was to look into a new network printer
the quick question is  -- can you put a network printer on the same
switch as the thin client network?  If I need to follow this up with
more questions I'll probably start a new thread.

Yes. Simply plug it in and use cups to declare it as a jet direct
printer. Although I have no figures but I believe that a much larger
percentage network printers work under linux.

This is the definitive resource.

  http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting

Originally "LinuxPrinting", it is now "OpenPrinting" and hosted by the Linux Foundation.  Great site.

If you're thinking of an HP printer, then any of them are good save for the following models, which require that binary blob (the LaserJet 1000 is one of them).  I've gotta give HP credit--they're much more open than in years past!

  http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/plugin.html

--TP
Do you GNU?