Re: [K12OSN] Printer recommendations?

Phydeaux wrote:
At 12:49 PM 02/01/09, you wrote:

3) can be plugged into a thin client and works FOR SURE or is a
networked printer and works FOR SURE with LTSP
Brand-wise I am pretty agnostic, so what have you found works?  I am
in Toronto, Canada if that makes a difference.

I would not pay money for _anything_ that was not networked.  It is just
not worth the hassle.   I have had very good luck with a variety of Brother
models. The HL-5250DN looks quite good for your needs.

Be careful with Brother.  They have a very nasty habit of not supporting Free Software platforms.  There have been several cases of people running GNU/Linux who've tried dealing with Brother, and the answer was always, "oh, we don't support Linux."  You have been warned.

--TP