[K12OSN] Printer recommendations?

Vince Callaway fastxr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 20:21:22 UTC 2009

I've actually been pretty happy with brother printers.  My business uses
the heck out of them.

We bought a bunch of the cheap inkjet all-in-ones for scanning
documents.  I probably scan a couple of hundred pages a week.  Hard to
find a scanner with document feeder that works properly with linux for
less than $100.

If you use them with Ubuntu you have to install tcsh for the install.
Other than that it is pretty straight forward.  Brother has all the
drivers for download.

The drum units are a little pricey.  Check ebay for drum kits where you
just replace the drum in the unit yourself.  Saves big bucks.