[K12OSN] NAT and connections through it.

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 13:27:44 UTC 2009

Doug Simpson wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. . .
>
> I know how to turn nat on and off. . . my question is how to let them access a computer outside the NAT.

What do you mean by 'outside the NAT'?  NAT should let machines on the
inside subnet access anything the server itself can.

> Will read over what you sent again and see if I can make heads or tails out of it. . .

I thought you wanted to limit then NAT to one destination.  Maybe you
have some other problem.

> Squid didn't do it. . . unless I didn't do it right. . .
>
> Doesn't squid only to web proxying?

Squid handles http and ftp protcols - which is what most virus scanners
would use to download updates.   Can the server itself access the
address you want to reach?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com