Re: [K12OSN] NAT and connections through it.

Doug Simpson wrote:
Thanks for your reply. . .

I know how to turn nat on and off. . . my question is how to let them access a computer outside the NAT.

What do you mean by 'outside the NAT'? NAT should let machines on the inside subnet access anything the server itself can.

Will read over what you sent again and see if I can make heads or tails out of it. . .

I thought you wanted to limit then NAT to one destination. Maybe you have some other problem.

Squid didn't do it. . . unless I didn't do it right. . .

Doesn't squid only to web proxying?

Squid handles http and ftp protcols - which is what most virus scanners would use to download updates. Can the server itself access the address you want to reach?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com