[K12OSN] Very frustrating!

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:28:27 UTC 2009

2009/2/3 Joseph Bishay <joseph.bishay at gmail.com>:
> It is getting the same IP as before -- I checked it by running
> ifconfig on the thin client shell.
>
> It seems there are so many small issues here and there that on IRC it
> was strongly recommended that I upgrade to K12Linux, which uses LTSP
> 5.x as LTSP 4.x is far too old.

I also found that 5.x is too intensive for older computers and have
remained with 4.x One thing that worked in many cases is that a[art
from fixing Ip through dhcpd define the client section with MAC
address in the configuration file /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

So if your section is some thing like

[ws250]

Change this to something like

[ 00:1a:73:3b:01:ed]

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.