[K12OSN] Dell Offers Enterprise Linux Operating System from Novell to Address Growing Market for Thin Clients

Moon moon at smbis.com
Wed Feb 4 16:24:07 UTC 2009

I am well aware of who Warren is and his contributions, for which I am
grateful. But as Scott noted, without 100% commitment by Red Hat to the
SMB (Small and Medium Business) market sector for their business needs,
Red Hat's thunder may be stolen by companies that are more SMB market
focused. The SMB market will be the area where Linux is successful or
not. I've been around long enough and have seen many companies come and
go that kept their focus on the big prize, the enterprise business
sector. Even Cisco has made changes to their business strategy to now
put more focus on the SMB market sector, as they have noted that it is
the area where there is greater growth. Even Microsoft with their
product line knows you have to give customers what they want and need or
they'll not buy, look at their Vista snafu because they didn't pay
attention to the SMB market needs. BTW, I am 100% pro Red Hat and would
love to expand my business opportunities with them, but I have to have
what the customer wants and needs to make a living at it...