[K12OSN] K12Linux F10 Display problem

Hello,

We are still running K12LTSP release 4.2.1EL-1
2 Servers with about 100 concurrent  users.
This setup has served us well and has been hands off for three plus years.

I plugged in the k12 live usb (pretty slick) and booted a few of the lab terminals with mixed results.
We have a mixture of  CRTs and LCDs and some of them will not display.
The clients are all Compaq DS51 and DS5S
We ran into the same problem when we demoed the latest ubuntu a few months back. I'm guessing that the newer x servers don't work well with the older hardware we have and it has nothing to do with a particular distribution. It's looking like we will have to dig in and make some manual adjustments to the display properties. I'm looking around /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/X11 but it is not obvious where I should make changes.

John