[K12OSN] Network boot hangs

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Feb 9 21:13:54 UTC 2009

Peter,

You did not mention if these machines have onboard nics,or added in nic
cards & what brand they are? I would guess this old of machine has an
add in nic card. Some of these old of machines with onboard nics are
actually isa based nics. This may be your prob as well. Regardless. try
finding someplace to grab either any model  Intel pci,or better yet
realtek 8139 pci card (can be bought for $2.50 ea.USD) and I bet your TC
machines will boot alright.  The realtek 8139 cards are the 'easiest'
working nic cards i have run across.Way back we used these by the many
that had the rom socket and burned rom chips to etherboot them this way.

And I'm sure the performance will be plenty satisfactory for someone
wanting to do web browsing with these machines. This is the specs we
used when we first started into using k12lstp and they worked out plenty
good.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna