Re: [K12OSN] Network boot hangs

I've seen this happen before, back when something was haywire with my client's NIC; it was one of those gradual failures.  Swapping NIC's did the trick then.  I've also (rarely) seen an NFS misconfig do it; this is rare because it's autoconfig'd during the K12LTSP setup.  I'm assuming here that you've left /etc/dhcpd.conf (or /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf) at its stock config.

Can you try this:  boot a thick client Linux box, try mounting /opt/ltsp/i386 from the LTSP server, and copying everything under there to a test directory on the thick client?

Also, do you have another kind of thin client to try out to see if it happens there, too?

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU?

Peter Trifonov wrote:
Rob, thanks a lot for the suggestion. I have tried gPXE, but with the same
result.
The problem arises AFTER Linux kernel is downloaded from the server and
started.
The kernel says:

Creating new ramdisk to hold our new rootfs
Mounting root filesystem: ... from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [Some NFS traffic is
observed at the server at this moment]
Setting up the new root ramdisk area
Doing the switchroot
SwitchRoot v0.1 - Copyright 2005 Linux based systems design
Freeing ram used by initramfs

After this the system stops doing anything.

With best regards,
P. Trifonov