[K12OSN] Anyone familiar with these thin client soutions

Will Hatch whatch at anwsu.org
Thu Feb 12 16:31:29 UTC 2009

The Revolution Linux thin client is a DevonIT device, I think.  I purchased 20 of them this past summer for our new lab.  I use them with a Windows 2008 thin client network, and a K12ltsp server.  They work quite well for 150$.  I have had to send a couple back for defects, and have had to re-flash others because of OS problems.  The Thinmanage software that you can use to remotely control them goes through vmware and runs Ubuntu with a light desktop.  It has had flaws but the latest version seems to work.  It is hand to remotely shut them on and off, as well as update and clone.  I would recommend them.

>>> Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> 2/12/2009 1:00:59 am >>>
Wondering if someone can provide a brief comparison of these 2
solutions. They look very similar.

http://vbridges.com/docs/VERDEClusterOverview.pdf
http://www.revolutionlinux.com/Open-Source-Thin-Clients?lang=en

--