Re: [K12OSN] ncomputing

We use nComputing in all of our elementary classrooms. We bought reconditioned Dells for $209. apiece, 2.8. gig 512 Ram then added the nComputing card, boxes, and cords (all for another $200.00) and presto you have 4 machines that act like XP and look like XP for $400.00. You can add a second card and boxes for 7 overall machines. That would cost you another $200.00, so you would have $600 for 7 machines. We haven't had any substantial problems with them. Everyone has a headphone jack too. The only issue we have had is a teacher wanting to run cd based programs. You only have a cd on the master machine. It is cool and cheap. We are a poor and struggling school district. It allowed us to replace 400 PCs with 100 masters and 100 computing systems. Plus at the time we got 15 free when we bought 100 Ncomputing systems. The jury is still out if we need to buy windows user CALs for the systems. Bill always has his hand out.

Thanks, John Barr
jebarr stclair k12 il us
Technology Systems Support Lead Person
Cahokia Unit School District 187 618-332-2191 (office)
618-806-8920 (cell)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED AND RESTRICTED FOR USE BY THE ABOVE ADDRESSEE ONLY. IT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. IN THE EVENT SOME OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY RECEIVES THIS TRANSMISSION, SAID RECIPIENT IS HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR DUPLICATION OF THIS TRANSMISSION OR ITS CONTENTS IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU SHOULD RECEIVE THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL US IMMEDIATELY AT 618.332.2191, DELETE THE FILE FROM YOUR SYSTEM, AND DESTROY ANY HARD COPIES OF THIS TRANSMISSION. THANK YOU.

Barry Cisna wrote:
Hello List,

Not trying to promote anything,but just wondered if anyone has seen the
adverts cdw is really pushing lately. Called ncomputing. Pretty much a
TC spinoff. Their claim is $80 per seat. I'm sure this may have already
been thrown out here and I didn't see it. Just have seen this is the
last several sendouts from cdw.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna