Re: [K12OSN] new lab install

David L. Willson wrote:
Isn't it possible that with Samba on the /home server (which can be
the LTS) and folder redirection on the Windows domain, you can have
$HOME as Windows' home drive and $HOME/Documents as Windows' "My
Documents" so that you don't have to teach the students to connect to
a server?  I'd like to get that going here at RMSEL in Colorado,
unless someone warns me off.

Although we use OS X server for authentication and home directories, this should be possible with a Windows server too. Our students can log in to a Windows, Linux, or OS X machine and they have the exact same icons on the Desktop and their Documents folder is in the correct place (using folder redirection under Windows, with Linux, they just so happen to use the same Desktop and Documents folder that is used under OS X).

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools

Blog: http://ryancollins.org/wp/
begin:vcard
fn:Ryan Collins
n:Collins;Ryan
email;internet:mr rcollins ryancollins org
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://ryancollins.org/wp/
version:2.1
end:vcard