[K12OSN] Authenticating existing users with K12Linux

J G jjjggg at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 01:19:59 UTC 2009

We have an existing SME Server (CentOS 7.4 based) that students use for authentication and file storage for their Windows machines.

We're about to install K12Linux on another server and ideally would like to authenticate against the existing server as well as use the existing home directories there as well.

Searching the archives and wikis I found some information but don't know if it still applies to the new K12Linux. Is there a K12Linux how-to or install instructions somewhere that would help us or will it be self-explanatory once we do the install? Do we need to maintain indentical users/passwords on both machines or can we sync both together? Is there a better distribution than SME for doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.