Re: [K12OSN] Authenticating existing users with K12Linux

Actually SME Server doesn't use LDAP for authentication by default, although you can turn it on - search the wiki for LDAP.  The hard part is getting the home folder automounted.

There's a wiki entry for authing Fed 7 against SME in the SME wiki (search for Fedora), but it uses Winbind rather than LDAP (and winbind is much trickier).   The stuff on mounting home folders is useful, however.

Let us know how you get on.

Steve

SME Server uses LDAP for its user authentication (as far as I understand it), so you should be able to authenticate K12Linux off of it.  However, I set it up and tested it a couple weeks back and I couldn't get my Debian machine to authenticate.  I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, or if SME's LDAP configuration is different than other OpenLDAP systems I've set up in the past.

-Rob