Re: [K12OSN] OT: any OpenOffice vs. MS Office studies/cases out there?

This page from the OpenOffice wiki lists major deployments internationally:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments

Cheers,

Bill

Alan Hodson wrote:
Having just heard at the highest level in my district that Open Office is "culturally unacceptable here" (border district of 63,000 students) I am wondering if there is someone in our community of users/believers that has come across data/studies that I could use disprove the MS ethos - I know than in Texas, both PlanoISD and SanAntonioISD are huge open source supporters, but I don't know if that has translated there, or anywhere else, into a document that we can hold up as a banner. Any ideas?
Thanks
Alan Hodson
Instructional Applications Analyst
http://links.episd.org/