[K12OSN] OT: any OpenOffice vs. MS Office studies/cases out there?

j.w. thomas jthomas at bittware.com
Sun Feb 22 20:01:31 UTC 2009

Ryan Collins wrote:
  > I have found that the acceptance rate goes up when you tell them it's
> the upgrade to Windows/MS Office. Rename the menu items to Microsoft
> Word/Excel, etc, use IceWM and use the XP Silver theme.
>
> I did the same with Firefox when I started to phase it in, I changed the
> icon to the IE e and the name to Internet Explorer.
>
> Once they start using it, then you can slowly work with them to
> understand Open Source.

I would urge caution when it comes to knowingly making false claims.
OOo is NOT Office, and if you say that it is and the truth eventually
comes out, you have just thrown away your credibility.

It may seem expedient, but sometimes expediency comes at a cost.

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up