Re: [K12OSN] OT: any OpenOffice vs. MS Office studies/cases out there?

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
I agree. "Little white lies" ultimately won't do it. What needs to happen is that school board meetings need to be attended, and *parents* need to be asking these school board members what their plans are for OpenOffice deployment. These parents need to press the issue and make it a voting issue. Only when politicians fear for their jobs do they get on the stick.

I should've placed a little more "tongue in cheek" when I said that. I tell them pretty quickly that it is in fact not MS Office or Firefox. I'm lucky to be in a position where the BOE and Supt. trust my judgment and no one is dictating any particular piece of software. I even have a board member who was already using OOo.

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools

Blog: http://ryancollins.org/wp/
begin:vcard
fn:Ryan Collins
n:Collins;Ryan
email;internet:mr rcollins ryancollins org
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://ryancollins.org/wp/
version:2.1
end:vcard