Re: [K12OSN] Educational Software via Yum for fedora?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Joseph Bishay <joseph bishay gmail com> wrote:
> I have a clean installation of K12Linux (based on Fedora 10) and I was
> looking for those educational programs that used to come with the
> previous  versions of LTSP  (it used to be called "edutainment").
> When I tried 'Yum groupinstall "Educational Software" ' I get "No
> packages in any requested group available to install or update" even
> though yum grouplist shows it as a possible group to install?

None of the "Educational Software" packages are "mandatory" when
installing the group, i.e. installing a group doesn't necessarily
install all packages that are members of the group. In this case it
installs _none_ of the group member packages.

You can list them with:
yum groupinfo "Educational Software"

and install them by hand, or go to System -> Administration ->
Add/Remove Software and use the PackageKit GUI to add them.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services