Re: [K12OSN] Where is K12LTSP at?

David Hopkins wrote:
I am using the Centos5 version on all my servers (6 LTSP servers, 200+
thin clients, 4 other servers at present). I know I am not getting the
latest/greatest that LTSP provides but I've also seen people reporting
issues and I just haven't had the time to sort out if K12Linux will
run on the thin client hardware that I have available.  In particular,
I have a lot of Via EPIA 533-based thin clients that the school
purchased.  These have to work or else I cannot justify the switch.

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/LiveServer
Tried this? K12Linux Live Server media will allow you to try K12Linux in demo mode with your existing network of thin clients, without risking the hard drive of your server.

However,  the only real driving reason for me to upgrade is to
finally, once-and-for-all, get sound working properly with support for
local microphones as well.  That is the driving issue for me (and if

Last I heard none of the distributions of LTSP5 have microphones working. This might be mainly an issue of nobody working on it yet though.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com