What has happened to [K12OSN] K12Linux

Luis Montes monteslu at cox.net
Thu Jan 15 04:46:06 UTC 2009

Warren Togami wrote:
> Luis Montes wrote:
>>
>> The only thing in k12linux that I don't see as an improvement to
>> K12ltsp is the use of a network bridge to keep the DHCP server off
>> the physical network. It's intention is to protect us from ourselves,
>> which is nice, but I did have trouble removing it and passing traffic
>> through eth0.
>> I'm really hoping that using a network bridge is NOT the default for
>> the next version.
>>

> It will forever be the default.
>
> Though what exactly is it making difficult for you?  Please explain?
>
> And if you so choose, is not difficult to reconfigure everything to
> serve through a real ethX interface instead of the bridge.  Doing this
> manually is no less difficult than it was with K12LTSP.
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

My problem was that I was doing a one NIC setup which isn't yet documented:

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/AdvancedNetworkSetup

I'm guilty of not contributing anything back to the documentation once I
got it to work.  Now I have to figure out again what I did wrong. Maybe
this time I'll write things down.

Thanks for all the work you've put in, Warren.

Luis.