[K12OSN] NFS Install

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Wed Jan 21 02:09:46 UTC 2009

Jim,

Just to narrow things down a little. I'm wondering if the DVD.iso and
or the _x64 is in fact different than the cd set of EL5, in regards to
NFS being able to see "inside" the .iso? I've always done EL5 x86
installs of EL5 via nfs,never loop mounted them. This make installs
pretty simple and clean.But I do know with the FC8-9-10 *live* dvd you
do have to (iso9660) loop mount the dvd.iso  as you have mentioned then
nfs export that dir. Another little quirk with the FC# Live DVD you have
to put a leading / in the nfs dir path in anaconda versus not
previously. I don't know if this may be your prob as well. I'm sure
you've tried about every combination of slashes here and there trying to
get things to work:-)
Keep pluggin away.

Barry