[K12OSN] NFS Install

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Wed Jan 21 03:29:46 UTC 2009

For doing installs via NFS, it is not necessary to mount the ISOs nor copy all
the files within the ISOs to the exported directory.  It is only necessary to
export the directory containing the ISO files.  This only applies to installing
via NFS.  If the server-to-be is installed via http or ftp, then all the files
contained in the ISOs must be copied to the directory served by the http or ftp
server.

Another thing to try would be booting a live CD or USB on the server and seeing
if you can mount the share(s) from the NFS server.

Peter