[Fwd: [K12OSN] RE: K12ltsp login]

Bob Mead bmead at lane.k12.or.us
Thu Jan 22 00:04:07 UTC 2009

Turns out that my username and pwd do not work, but everyone else's
does. Poor testing  regimen on my part. That said, I cannot figure out
what is wrong with my profile. It has the same permissions as everyone
else. It works on all other servers I log into. Just not *this one*.
Given that I had the previous problem with my .dmrc file, I can see that
there is an  ongoing problem here that I did not solve by fixing the
.dmrc issue.

I tried tailing /var/log/messages on the ldap server to see what happens
when I login vs. anyone else. I copied the very first message of
successive logins as user <test1> and then as <me>. As you can see
below, the <test1> user has an additional filter
(&(objectClass=posixAccount) that I do not:

Jan 21 15:41:48 <server name> slapd[4228]: conn=121233 op=1 SRCH
base="dc=slane,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us" scope=2
filter="(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=<test1>))"

Jan 21 15:37:03 <server name> slapd[5920]: conn=120122 op=1 SRCH
base="dc=slane,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us" scope=2 filter="(uid=<me>)"

The other messages that follow all have the "extra" filter for either
login uid.

I would like to tell you the version of openldap we run, but I have been
unsuccessful in finding out how to do this. The el5 install is x86.

Anyone have a thought on how to check out my profile and why its
failing? Or how to tell the version of ldap?

Thanks,
    ~bob