[K12OSN] OT: ldap only checks first 8 characters of password

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Sat Jan 31 01:52:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 08:45:28PM -0500, Rob Owens wrote:
> My openldap users only need to correctly enter the first 8 digits of their password in order to be authenticated.  My local users need to enter more than that (I didn't check for a limit, but it's more than 8).  Does anybody know how to change this behavior?

Hmm, I just realized this only occurs after I use the 'passwd' utility to change my ldap password.  The change seems to work, but with the 8-character limitation I mentioned above.

Note that I'm not using the smbldap-installer setup on this particular ldap server.  There is no samba component at all.

-Rob