[K12OSN] OT - Upgrading Server - Copying Config Files

Hey Folks,

I'm upgrading (updating?) a Fedora 5 web server to Centos 5. I'm doing a fresh install from CD's on a new box, but I basically have the Fedora 5 thing working just how I want it right now as far as configuration. I'm upgrading because I want security updates, I would like to add some stuff that's not in the FC5 repos and I have a hard drive failing so now's the time to do it.

Anyway, I'm confused about the config files. Can I just copy over the apache/mysql/iptables/samba/ssh files? If there are new/different versions of these things on the new server won't that cause problems? I'm thinking I need to just copy certain parts of each file. Is that the way most folks do it?
Thanks,

ck

PS I have a kid who helps me at the school I do volunteer IT support for. I want to have him take the Server Administrator's Oath, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know where to find it?