Re: [K12OSN] Re: OT - Upgrading Server - Copying Config Files

Carl Keil wrote:

I wish I was as smart as the average Linux admin. That's a really elegant idea. Here I am scratching my head and worrying that I forgot something. I wish there was a way to do some sort of "cat=> " symlink. Where you could literally have a directory with only the changed bits.

You could save the original config files and use diff to create files that show you what you changed (and store those diffs as well if you like). Other people like to version their complete /etc directory using something like Subversion.

Nils Breunese.