[K12OSN] Fedora-9 LTSP - Need help with various issues - probably FAQ

We have various stripped down i686 and x86_64 PCs in our elementary school with the server running on a x86_64 box. Mostly, it all works quite well, but we have some issues that I could use some help with. I'm hoping these are just FAQ
issues and that someone can point me to an up-to-date version of the FAQ?

- Sound "works," if the classroom is silent and you have very good ears! How do I increase the volume on all clients to a useful level?
  In /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/*/lts.conf we have:
     SOUND=True
     VOLUME=100
     HEADPHONE_VOLUME=100
     PCM_VOLUME=100
     FRONT_VOLUME=100
There was recent discussion, for Ubuntu, at: http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Ubuntu/2008-08/msg01267.html
  should I be trying to apply this?

- If I plugin a USB memory stick in the client, I get an icon on the desktop, which I can open with nautilus, but none of the content is shown? Where do I look next?

- Where is the FAQ on how to update the client images properly? I tried using yum in the chroot, but kernel updates didn't work, so now I'm rebuilding the client images from scratch periodically.

- Where is the step-by-step FAQ on configuring and installing local apps?

- Are last-modified-in-2004 FAQs like the one at: http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/docs/ltsp-4.1-en.html still accurate? I assume that the current documentation is supposed to be at https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/, but there seems to be a lot missing there.

Thanks for any hints.

--
John Ellson