[K12OSN] Fedora-9 LTSP - Need help with various issues - probably FAQ
john.ellson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 02:42:21 UTC 2009
We have various stripped down i686 and x86_64 PCs in our elementary
school with the server running on a x86_64 box.
Mostly, it all works quite well, but we have some issues that I could
use some help with. I'm hoping these are just FAQ
issues and that someone can point me to an up-to-date version of the FAQ?
- Sound "works," if the classroom is silent and you have very good
ears! How do I increase the volume on all clients to a useful level?
In /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/*/lts.conf we have:
There was recent discussion, for Ubuntu, at:
should I be trying to apply this?
- If I plugin a USB memory stick in the client, I get an icon on the
desktop, which I can open with nautilus, but none of the content is
shown? Where do I look next?
- Where is the FAQ on how to update the client images properly? I
tried using yum in the chroot, but kernel updates didn't work, so now
I'm rebuilding the client images from scratch periodically.
- Where is the step-by-step FAQ on configuring and installing local apps?
- Are last-modified-in-2004 FAQs like the one at:
accurate? I assume that the current documentation is supposed to be at
https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/, but there seems to be a lot missing
Thanks for any hints.
More information about the K12OSN