[K12OSN] new Thin-client recommendations for budget

Will Hatch whatch at anwsu.org
Thu Jan 8 19:40:57 UTC 2009

I am using NTA 6030 models from DevonIT.  We purchased 20 units this past summer for our new lab and they are working pretty well.  I have both a k12ltsp server and Windows Server 2008 system running.  It allows you to make sessions to several types of connections.  Total cost with monitor and peripherals was about 325$

>>> "David Trask" <dtrask at vcsvikings.org> 1/8/2009 2:21:00 pm >>>
Hi guys,

Long time since I've been in here, but as usual things are humming along
as we are in our 8th year of running Linux terminals...etc.  I'm looking
to buy a new lab this year with more powerful thin-clients for running
some apps locally.  I like the idea of some of the Atom based
thin-clients.  I'm hoping to keep the price under $250 per machine and I'm
looking for any recommendations that folks may have or have heard
about...etc.  Also...has anyone tried the new MSI Wind desktop as a
thin-client?  Those have the really small form factor....atom....and
barebones are about $139 at newegg....and $25 or so for RAM and you have
what might be an awesome thin-client.  All ideas welcome.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org