Re: [K12OSN] mount: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

Brian Fristensky wrote:
After recent upgrades to my server, my DLW thin client will no longer boot.
It seems to load all files by TFTP, but then I get the following messages:

Red Hat nash version 6.0.52 starting
mount: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)
nfsmount: error mounting 192.168.1.103:/opt/ltsp/i386 on /sysroot as nfs: Bad file descriptor
/setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
etc......

I interpret this to mean that the thin client is trying mount /opt/ltsp/i386
as /sysroot on the thin client. the IP of the server is correct.
As suggested in a posting about another RPC-related problem:

 > /root#/usr/sbin/exportfs -v
> /opt/ltsp <world>(ro,async,wdelay,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

I have tried rebooting the server, and even restarting rpcbind and nfs, with no luck.

Help would be appreciated.

Check the /etc/exports file on your server and see if your terminal's IP address is allowed to mount that filesystem.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                MrJohnLucas gmail com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802      http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W              AST (UTC-4)                         |