[K12OSN] Re: OT: Teachertool snapshots not working

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:32:24 UTC 2009

> Usually if the snapshot part does not work in FL_TT, the Monitor/Control
> portion does not work either. Have you tried these by chance? If you
> like you can try installing this via the rpm's I made. I have never
> gotten any feedback on any X86_64 try outs,though.The rpm's do  all the
> permissions voodoo in the install so it ends up being pretty simple.
> If you'd like to give it a try here is the url:

Monitor/Control/Broadcasts/Spotlight works perfectly.

> ftp://eazylivin.net/server/fl_teachertool-0.62/
>
> Also are you sure the clients are getting correct hostnames?,,
> ws001 ,  ws002  ?

The only thin clients where using hostname in a shell at the client
returns the name are those with dhcp reservations defined.  But, as
mentioned, on the i386 system, snapshots work for all thin clients
regardless of whether they know their hostname.  Ping does work
properly. e.g. ping ws001.ltsp works even though ws001.ltsp doesn't
know its hostname so dns is working properly in this respect. After
looking at the source code I think  I'll go in sometime this weekend
and see if I can just use vncsnapshot manually from a shell,
replicating the command that FL_TT is using.

Thanks!
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School
Newark Delaware