[K12OSN] Re: OT: Teachertool snapshots not working

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:30:47 UTC 2009

>> Monitor/Control/Broadcasts/Spotlight works perfectly.
>
> if monitor/control is working then check to see you have vncsnapshot
> and imagemagick (man convert) . What I do is first grab the full
> screen image with vncsnapshot then I resize the image with convert.
>
> here is the code that does it
>
> first I check to see the client is up with ping (if success then I
> take the snapshot)
>
> lines 810-820
>
> basically it's
>
> /usr/bin/vncsnapshot  -passwd  /opt/ltsp/i386/root/.vnc/passwd
> -encodings hextile  -allowblank  ws250.ltsp:0
> /tmp/snapshots/ws250.ltsp.jpg
>
> btw I create a folder in /tmp to store the shots
>
> lines 598-605
>
> these lines are for version 0.62

Using the 64bit version of vncsnapshot, I get an error code 120 from
the vncserver.  However, simply copying the 32bit version of
vncsnapshot (from one of my systems at is 32bit) and re-running the
command, the snapshot works.  So for now I have simply replaced the
/usr/bin/vncsnapshot with the 32bit version. I'll clean up the install
later to remove the x86_64 version and re-install the i386 version.
Having the actual command to run helped sort it out really quickly.

Thanks!
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School
Newark Delaware