Re: [K12OSN] new Thin-client recommendations for budget

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:21 AM, David Trask <dtrask vcsvikings org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Long time since I've been in here, but as usual things are humming along
> as we are in our 8th year of running Linux terminals...etc.  I'm looking
> to buy a new lab this year with more powerful thin-clients for running
> some apps locally.  I like the idea of some of the Atom based
> thin-clients.  I'm hoping to keep the price under $250 per machine and I'm
> looking for any recommendations that folks may have or have heard
> about...etc.  Also...has anyone tried the new MSI Wind desktop as a
> thin-client?  Those have the really small form factor....atom....and
> barebones are about $139 at newegg....and $25 or so for RAM and you have
> what might be an awesome thin-client.  All ideas welcome.

Hi David,
Please let us know if you do purchase the MSI Wind Nettop. I am
considering purchasing these also and would like to know if there are
any issues with them. My only current concern is how loud the case fan
is going to be with 32 of them in  my classroom.

--
Robert Arkiletian