[K12OSN] K12ltsp login

Bob Mead bmead at lane.k12.or.us
Wed Jan 14 16:10:17 UTC 2009

Hello all:
I'm working on a new k12ltsp 5EL installation. So far I have the server
loaded, its mounting users' /home dirs from a remote machine via nfs,
authenticating via our remote ldap server (FINALLY!!!, thanks Dan and
others) and now when I login as a user I get "User's $Home/.dmrc file is
being ignored (etc)" I googled the answer to this error and found that I
need to login as me and chmod the permissions to 644. I tried to do this
and found that the file isn't there. Its not there on the LTSP server,
its not there on the remote server (where the home dirs are served from
via nfs). Any thoughts on where I might look for this file or, more
importantly - why am I getting this error and will I have to manually
fix the error for each user? I'm going to assume that it has something
to do with the way the /home dirs are being mounted.  The relevant line
from /etc/fstab is as follows:

<remote server name>:/home        /home            nfs    auto        0 0

Thanks in advance for any help,
    ~bob